The VWR® PCR Workstation offers twin decontamination action by UV inactivation of airborne and surface-bound contaminants and, therefore, represents an ideal environment for PCR sample preparation and other sensitive protocols. In addition, the HEPA filter (H14 Standard) with UV provides a barrier against dust, bacteria and mold with a filtration efficiency of 99.995% down to 0.3 microns of particles. The HEPA system with facilitates an ultra-clean particle free working space reducing the chance of contamination by the air which blows into the PCR chamber.
- Active decontamination of work surface during non-working time by UV irradiation
- Additional inactivation of aerosol-bound contaminants by shielded UV Air Recirculator during operation
- Contaminant prevention thanks to antimicrobial stainless steel work surface
- Carbon filter to remove ozone and gases
- HEPA filter (H14 Standard) provides a barrier against dust, bacteria and mold with a filtration efficiency of 99.995% down to 0.3 microns of particles.
- The HEPA system provides an ultra-clean particle free ISO-Class 5 working space according to the EN 1822-1 standards.
- Function indicator for UV Air Recirculator and HEPA-UV tube
- Adjustable laminar airflow for effective protection against sample contamination from outside
- Displays operating time of UV tubes and Filters to enable well-timed replacement for constant UV intensity and filter efficiency
- Removable shelves provide additional storage space for reaction tubes, pipettes or racks at the rear panel
- Four internal power outlets for operating lab equipment such as mini centrifuges or vortexers allow the combination of several working steps without interruption of the workflow
- Electromagnetic safety mechanism stops UV irradiation if front panel is opened
- Large working area for stress-free working: Providing ample space and the possibility to accommodate bench top equipment, the VWR® PCR Workstation allows the combination of several working steps without change of location, thereby minimising the risk of cross-contamination
Construction: Housing in stainless steel, front and side panels made of 8 mm Makrolon® protects from UV irradiation.
Certifications: TÜV-tested, safety certified. Made in Germany.